APPLICATION AND ADMISSION FOR BACHELOR’S AND TWO-YEAR DEGREES
Foreign nationals who want to study at a faculty or academy within our university with their own means are admitted to our university based on the scores they get from EGEYÖS, which is the Student Selection and Placement Exam done by Ege University.
EGEYÖS is the exam that foreign nationals who want to study at Ege University to get a two-year or bachelor’s degree have to take. This exam is carried out by the Rectorship of Ege University.
The results of EGEYÖS are valid only for students who want to get a two-year or bachelor’s degree. The students who already study at a higher education institution and who want to be transferred to our university and those who want to pursue graduate studies need to apply to the relevant higher education institutions directly for their selection and placement process.
Conditions for Application
a) Candidates of foreign nationality who are in the last year of their secondary education (high school) or those who have graduated from a high school
b) Those with T.C. nationality at birth who possess the Ministry of Interior’s approval to change their nationality and their children under statuary age who present the Document Pertaining to Exercise of Rights granted by Turkish Citizenship Law
c) Those with dual citizenship status who had foreign nationality at birth and have later gained T.C. (Turkish) nationality;
d) – before 01/02/2013; from the students with Turkish nationality who continue their secondary school education abroad, the ones who completed the last 3 years of their secondary education (high school) abroad except KKTC (including those who completed all their secondary education (high school) abroad in schools that opened within the Turkish National Ministry of education except KKTC),
– after 01/02/2013; candidates who started their education abroad and completed their secondary education (high school) abroad except KKTC (including those who completed all their secondary education (high school) abroad in schools that opened within the Turkish National Ministry of education except KKTC.) e) Those who have GCE AL examination scores with KKTC nationality, reside in KKTC and finished their secondary education (high school) in KKTC with those who have or will have GCE AL examination scores and enrolled and educated in colleges and high schools in other countries between 2005 and 2010 (on condition that they take the EGEYOS examination) will be accepted.
Candidates Whose Applications Will Not Be Accepted
- Candidates of T.C. nationality (except those who have attended and completed last three years of their high school education in a foreign country other than K.K.T.C.),
- Those with KKTC nationality (except those who completed all their secondary education in KKTC high schools and have a GCE AL examination scores and those who have or will have GCE AL examination scores and enrolled and educated in colleges and high schools in other countries between 2005 and 2010),
- As defined in article 9-subparagraph b, dual citizens who are Turkish citizen at birth (except those who provide the conditions in article 9 subparagraph)
- Dual citizens, one of whose nationality is KKTC (except those who completed all their secondary education in KKTC high schools and have a GCE AL examination scores and those who have or will have GCE AL examination scores and enrolled and educated in colleges and high schools in other countries between 2005 and 2010),
- Those with Turkish nationality or dual citizens who are Turkish citizen at birth, as defined in article 9 subparagraph b, who attend schools within the Embassies in Turkey and foreign high schools located in Turkey
will not be accepted.
- The candidates who want to apply for EGEYÖS can do so without coming to the university in person. They do not need to send documents through mail or cargo, either.
- Yet, the applicants need to send the amount mentioned on our website (www.oidb.ege.edu.tr) to the relevant bank account and fill in the EGEYÖS application form which will be accessible by them. The bank account number can be seen on the website.
- It is necessary that the applications read the EGEYÖS guide carefully before filling in the form.
- Once the candidates fill in the EGEYÖS Application Form and push the “save” button, they will see the warning “Your application has been accepted”. When they see this warning, they are required to print out the application form and use it as an official pass to be able to take the exam on the date mentioned.
Acceptance of Students From Abroad
Students that get 40 points or more from EGEYOS Examination’s Basic Academic Skills Test are placed according to the results of top-down sequencing of points within the framework of the quota of corresponding program. Placements based upon a program are carried based on the national threshold of 20% within the framework of the quotas that are announced beforehand. Candidates who gave preference to programs which are determined by OSYM that accept students with special aptitude tests (Physical Education and Sports School’s and Turkish Music Conservatory’s programs), must have 40 points or more from EGEYOS in order to attend the special aptitude test. These candidates must follow the special aptitude test timetable of the corresponding school for the special aptitude test and apply for the school in person. Placement is made considering the EGEYOS score to the programs outside the programs that accept students with special aptitude test. In case of a tie in placement scores, placement procedure is done firstly according to the secondary school grade point average and secondly to the preference order. In case of a tie after these, younger candidate is chosen. Candidates are placed to only one program. Placement starts with candidate’s first preferences regardless of whether he or she attended to the special aptitude test. In case the quotas are not filled or no application is made, only one (according to the principal placement basis) placement is made to the available quotas among the candidates who applied.
FOR UNDERGRADUATE & ASSOCIATE DEGREE
As to article the 9(1) of Ege University Student Admission Directive,
Foreign students who are going to be admitted to Ege University ; EGEYÖS ( The selection and placement exam for foreign students) are admitted and placed to Ege University as to the EGEYÖS ( The selection and placement exam for foreign students) exam results.
NO OTHER EXAMS (like Tawjihi, Al Shahada, GCE, Abitur, International Baccalaureat etc SAT, ACT) would be valid for the placements of foreign students to Ege University rather than EGEYOS.
CALENDAR FOR APPLICATION-ESTABLISHMENT AND REGISTRATION
Application Period : April 03-14, 2017
Examination Date, Hour : May 14, 2017 at 10:00
Date of Foreign Language Proficiency Exam*
Proficency Exam For English :
May 15, 2017 at 12:30 (Written Exam) May 16, 2017 at 13:30 (Oral Exam)
Proficency Exam For German : May 16, 2017 at 09:30 (Written Exam) May 16, 2017 at 13:30 (Oral Exam)
Place of Foreign Language Proficiency Exam : It will be announced by High School of Foreign Languages.
* For those who select departments of English Language and Literature, American Culture and Literature, German Language and Literature, German Translation and Interpreting, English Translation and Interpreting.
Exam Results’ Announcement : June 05, 2017 http://oidb.ege.edu.tr
Date of Primary Placement Results : July 31, 2017
Registration Date of Primary Placement : September 05-September 08, 2017
Date of Secondary Placement Results : September 12, 2017
Registration Date of Secondary Placement : September 13-15, 2017
ASSOCIATE and UNDERGRADUATE DEGREES
Foreign students who are placed as to their EGEYÖS results should personally apply to the the registrar’s office on the date which is announced in oidb.ege.edu.tr with the requested documents. The students who are not able to apply personally can make their applications via a notarized letter of attorney (if they are in Turkey) and via a letter of attorney issued by Turkish Embassies (if they are abroad).
1- YU nr (or ID nr) for foreigners (it can be got after registration from Provincial Security Directorate or Civil Registry Office where the student will study)
2- High School Diploma and transcript (Original)
3- Turkish Translation of the High School Diploma and transcript (it must be approved by any notary in Turkey or by Turkish Consulate/Embassy in your country)
4- Equivalency certificate of High School Diploma
-Outside Turkey; it will be obtained from Turkish Embassy or Consulate.
-In Turkey; it will be obtained from Ministry of National Education of Turkish Republic)
5- Approved copy of passport which is translated to Turkish
6- Original residence permit (it can be got after registration from Provincial Security Directorate)
7- 3 Photographs (Taken within last six months from profile and must be clear to identify the student
8- Payment receipt of tuition fee for those who study with their own means (except for scholarship students)
9- Certificate of identity register copy for those with dual citizenship status who had foreign nationality at birth and have later gained T.C. (Turkish) nationality (for those who will study wtih their own means)
10-Certificate of residence for those with dual citizenship status who had foreign nationality at birth and have later gained T.C. (Turkish) nationality (for those who will study wtih their own means) and who ceased to be a citizen of Turkey.
11-Letter of Financial Guarantee (Form will be announced on our web site, students should have the form filled to the person at issue. The students should submit original form in the course of registration).
1-A health board report obtained from general state hospitals or university hospitals in Turkey for those who will register to Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Dentistry or School of Physical Education and Sports.
2-It is compulsory to submit all documents relevant to the information stated at EGEYOS Application Form, otherwise the student can’t force our University to enroll and can’t put the blame on our University.